For the last few weeks I have been looking through magazines but is unable to find the ideal gown design i like. Tired, i have draw up some simple ideas but not very concrete.
This week I thought i may get fresh ideas from overseas magazines so I went to buy 2 magazines. I found a gown pix that I like a lot!
Its different from local magazines as it is more classic. Local styles are more "messy" involving more frills.
Today is the 2nd appt which is to confirm the design and pay the next payment. The entire discussion was about 3 hours that long. Bridal concept has moved their shop and it is much spacious now. My designer Yi Ping says that the gown design i show her involves a lot of beading and will cost extra. So i ask her to alter the design to use embroidery instead. She showed me a Victorian style embriodery which i like, its different from local styles. She also suggest using 2 types of material which will be more interesting. I asked her if my original cross-back and rose at the back will go well with this design and she says no. She is glad that i am acceptable of wat she say, bec' she say some customers will like to have a lot of things at the front and back but never consider whether the whole concept goes well. I told her I think that criss-cross may not go well with this current design which she is glad tat i have some design sense hee. In btw, she let me tried on some gowns to decide on what details i will prefer to have. I guess i ask her to show me quite a no of gowns too.. to get a better idea which one is suitable for me lor.
For the evening gown, i dun have such a concrete idea as the wedding gown as not many magazines have evening gown pixs. So Yi Ping found a couple of gowns for me to try on and she actually showed me an interesting halter neck style which i found v suitable for me when i wear it. We also discussed and found that criss-cross back will be idea for this design, and we can add a rose at the side :) So happy that these 2 ideas are able to incorporate. I suggested that she get a 2 tone material for the dress but she says she has to special order bec' they do not have any at the moment. I think that since it is so ley-chey and dun know if she will extra charge me again so i decide to use different materials with slight different tones to play out the effect.
Anyway I think we have a good discussion today because she can offer many ideas and suggestions and we decide on the materials together. It is a fun session, and i feel pride in designing my own gowns!
The next fitting I should be able to try the basic gown and also to select the photoshoot outdoor gowns! So excited!! :)
This week I thought i may get fresh ideas from overseas magazines so I went to buy 2 magazines. I found a gown pix that I like a lot!
Its different from local magazines as it is more classic. Local styles are more "messy" involving more frills.Today is the 2nd appt which is to confirm the design and pay the next payment. The entire discussion was about 3 hours that long. Bridal concept has moved their shop and it is much spacious now. My designer Yi Ping says that the gown design i show her involves a lot of beading and will cost extra. So i ask her to alter the design to use embroidery instead. She showed me a Victorian style embriodery which i like, its different from local styles. She also suggest using 2 types of material which will be more interesting. I asked her if my original cross-back and rose at the back will go well with this design and she says no. She is glad that i am acceptable of wat she say, bec' she say some customers will like to have a lot of things at the front and back but never consider whether the whole concept goes well. I told her I think that criss-cross may not go well with this current design which she is glad tat i have some design sense hee. In btw, she let me tried on some gowns to decide on what details i will prefer to have. I guess i ask her to show me quite a no of gowns too.. to get a better idea which one is suitable for me lor.
For the evening gown, i dun have such a concrete idea as the wedding gown as not many magazines have evening gown pixs. So Yi Ping found a couple of gowns for me to try on and she actually showed me an interesting halter neck style which i found v suitable for me when i wear it. We also discussed and found that criss-cross back will be idea for this design, and we can add a rose at the side :) So happy that these 2 ideas are able to incorporate. I suggested that she get a 2 tone material for the dress but she says she has to special order bec' they do not have any at the moment. I think that since it is so ley-chey and dun know if she will extra charge me again so i decide to use different materials with slight different tones to play out the effect.
Anyway I think we have a good discussion today because she can offer many ideas and suggestions and we decide on the materials together. It is a fun session, and i feel pride in designing my own gowns!
The next fitting I should be able to try the basic gown and also to select the photoshoot outdoor gowns! So excited!! :)
Comments
found yr blog site on weddimg forum
i'm keen to check out bridal concept as well.
Who's yr coordinator?
Can share wif me yr package details? And wat's yr real name so maybe i can name-drop & get a gd deal also....
Email me at irene@personnellink.com.sg
THANKS!!